Friday, September 11, 2009

I Wanna Blog Right Na,Na,Na

Alright, well I have several things to relay to the world, and instead of doing several clever posts with enlightening videos and what not, I'm gonna put it all here. Why? Because it's Friday morning, and I'm in bed still feeling the effects of the 2 dollar Grateful Deads I decided to splurge on yesterday evening. From the top:

1. If you look to the right ---> you will see that I posted an Akon track. Akon will be rolling into Durham October 8th for our Homecoming concert. Yeah, I know it hasn't been announced yet, but being the Face of UNH I have an inside scoop. So anyone here that is down with some Kiss 108-esque beats you should check this show out. And if anyone questions your source, tell em The Boss sent you.

2. On the same note, Akon is only a pre-show to the real festivities of Homecoming weekend. The morning after the concert is a day that I would call the best day of the year, but it's second only to CountryFest. The UNH Men's Lacrosse Golf Tournament is the 9th, at the beautiful Ledges course. To all the fathers reading this, I would highly reccomend you get involved with this because your irresponsible sons probably forgot to tell you. The course is amazing, the day is filled with every player on the team, tons of alumni, full blown barbeque, and basically a boatload of shenanigans. Not to mention that all of the profits will go to our club, and everyone knows we could use the loot. If you want to get a foursome together, you can email me at Michael.MaloneyJ@gmail.com and I'd be more than happy to hook you up with a registration form. I'll be playing, just look for the guy with the plaid pants about 2 feet away from the pin.

3. On a completely different and serious note, I just want to remind everyone that today the anniversary of the tragic attacks on the World Trade Center 8 years ago. Everyone knows someone who is connected to these attacks, so take today and be thankful. Shake hands with a firefighter, thank an ROTC kid that's cruising around campus in fatigues, and take two minutes to call your mother and tell her that you love her. Everyone was affected by 9/11, and today is not only a day for rememberance, but day that we can look forward to the future and be proud to be an American. These colors don't run.

4. And while I'm on the topic of running. . .Us 'Cats opened up our preseason yesterday with some time trials of a mile, a 40, and a shuttle run. It was the best conditioned group of hacks I've seen in my four years here, especially when you factor in that we came in cold, with barely any training, just weeks after summer lifestyle ended. Everyone was under 8 minutes in the mile, and we had over 30 freshman come out and give it their all on day one with no intentions of leaving. So bookmark this blog on your Firefox because I'm coming back harder and faster than Brett Favre could ever dream of. And to all the players on the team I have one more thing you should be thankful for. Just be glad you're mile didn't end like this kid's. . . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment