Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year

Hope everyone had a safe and relatively sensible holiday season. I for one, had a phenomenal Christmas and a shocking New Years Eve, but now comes the time when people decide to make "resolutions" to make themselves feel like they have a fresh start, and I must begin to think about graduating college, but more importantly my final year of collegiate lacrosse. Yes, I still have the Red Army Dynasty to look forward to, but I am a ripe 22 years young, in the prime of my athletic career, and I'm looking to do this last year right.

So, chronologically, the first matter of business of me going hard is the 2nd Annual Febru-HAIRY competition. While abroad, I heard of this legendary tradition held in Minnesota every year, where men take 28 days to simply be men. No shaving is allowed, no trimming is allowed, and it becomes a competition of who can grow the gnarliest beard in one (short) month. This year, I am encouraging all of my teammates, coaches, fans and parents to join me again in this camaraderie-driven, team building journey in growing beards, and then seamlessly transitioning into what I like to call Mustache March. Some will be red (see below), some will be patchy, most mustaches will resemble those seen at Taco Bell, and some people will just plain scratch out of the competition(Pun intended). I admit, that last year I caved, probably around the 14th for some unknown reason, but this goes back to me doing it right on my farewell tour. I will consistently shave in January, so my Februbeard can be one for the ages, to contend with the Sullivans, Donovans, and Srebniks of Febru-hairies past. The blog will have pictures of these beards, and you guessed it, it will end in a poll. If you think you can contend, feel free to send me a picture and I will gladly enter you into the mix. Good luck gentlemen, it will surely be a long, itchy road, but the end result will be worth it. Plus, who doesn't like having an excuse to be grizzly, and make a hater look bad in the meantime? I can see it now. . . .

"Dude, that beard is haggard. You look like hell."
"Bro, it's Febru-hairy. Look around, your the only one without a beard."
"Oh crap. You lacrosse guys are so rad. I wish I could hang with you all."
"Later, Hater."

No comments:

Post a Comment